Mini Lemon Meringue Tea Cakes
- 1 (18-ounce) box lemon cake mix
- 1 (8-ounce) container cool whip
- 1 egg white
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1 cup white 2 tablespoons all-purpose
directions: In a medium saucepan, whisk together 1 cup sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Stir in water, lemon juice and lemon zest. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil. Stir in butter. Place egg yolks in a small bowl and gradually whisk in 1/2 cup of hot sugar mixture. Whisk egg yolk mixture back into remaining sugar mixture. Bring to a boil and continue to cook while stirring constantly until thick. Remove from heat. Pour filling into baked pastry shell.
3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream or tartar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- (zest of a lemon optional)
- directions: Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks from. Gradually beat in the sugar until stiff. Pipe over filling with a ziplock bag; seal to edge of crust. Bake at 425 for 3 minutes.