Kick Arse Cinnamon Rolls
1/2 c. warm water
2 Tbs. dry yeast
2 Tbs. sugar
1 small pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix (2 c. cold milk)
1/2 c. melted butter
1 tsp. salt
7-8 c. flour
1. Combine warm water (90-110'), yeast, and sugar. Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes, it will start to foam.
2. Make pudding according to package directions in a large bowl.
3. Add eggs, melted butter, and salt to the pudding, mix well.
4. Add yeast mixture to pudding mixture, blend.
5. Add 6 c. flour, mix in. Add another cup or two to get a smooth yet elastically dough (not sticky).
6. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
7. Punch down and fold in sides.
8. Cut in half, set one part aside.
9. Roll out a rectangular shape leaving the dough 1/4 in. thick.
10. Spread with cinnamon/sugar mixture.
11. Roll up snugly lengthwise.
12. Cut using thread every 1-2 inches.
13. Repeat steps 9-12 using the other half you had set aside.
14. Spray a cooking dish with pam, put in 7-9 per cake pan.
15. Cover and let rise for 45 min. to 1hr. (until they double in size)
16. Bake at 350' for 15 minutes for 1 inch rolls and 20 minutes for 2 inch rolls, or until slightly golden on top and not doughy on the bottom.
17. Frost while still hot, yield: about 30 one inch buns or less for 2 inch buns.
Cinnamon Brown Sugar Mixture
1 1/2 c. melted butter
3 c. brown sugar
6 tsp. cinnamon
1. Melt butter.
2. Add brown sugar and cinnamon, mix thoroughly.
3. Spread over dough for rolls.
Cream Cheese Frosting
12 oz. cream cheese softened
3/4 c. softened butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 Tbs. milk
4 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1. Mix with a hand mixer on high until smooth and creamy.
2. Spread over hot cinnamon rolls.
step #9 & 10# - rolled out dough
step #12 cut with thread (if you use dental floss make sure it's not flavored)
step 14# put in a pan
step #15 let rise til doubled in size
step #17 frost while piping hot