makes 2 pies, eat one and freeze one for later or give to a friend
Chicken Pot Pie
2 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cooked
2 cup carrots, sliced (or 1 -10 oz. bag of frozen peas and carrots)
2 cup frozen peas
1 onion, diced
4 stalks celery, sliced
2/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. sage or thyme or marjoram or poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp. black pepper
3 1/2 cup chicken broth
1 1/3 cup milk
4 9-inch unbaked pie crusts
1. Preheat oven to 425'
2. unroll pie crusts (let sit on the counter for a bit if possible to make them easier to unroll), place in pie tin.
3. cook & shred or cube your chicken, place in bottom of pie tins
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, cook onions in butter until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, and seasonings. Slowly stir in chicken broth and milk. Simmer over medium-low heat until thick. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Stem veggies for 5 minutes
4. Place the veggies over the chicken. Pour hot liquid mixture over the veggies & chicken layers. Cover the top with remaining crust, seal edges. Make several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving.