Allison's Salsa


This picture comes from: https://houseofyumm.com/ready-the-chips-its-salsa-time/
The recipe comes from a sweet sister in Phoenix, Arizona. I don't remember her name and I have had to adjust it for lack of a heat ingredient (but I hope you like it!)

In a food processor combine:

  • 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes (Del Monte w/basil, garlic & oregano)*
  • 1 small can diced green chillies
  • 3 green onions sliced in sections
  • 1/2 bunch of cilantro leaves
  • 1 jalapeno pepper (mostly seeded)**
  • garlic salt to taste (I usually blend the above ingredients and then sprinkle the garlic salt over the top, re-blend and check the taste) Serve immediately or chill and serve for later.
*I have made this recipe with other brands, but I like the taste of this brand/mixture the best.
** The original recipe calls for a few little balls of Teppin (which is a little ball of heat-looks kind of like a pepper corn) Apparently they sell Teppin in the grocery stores in Phoenix, AZ, but not anywhere else in the country-thus the Jalapeno pepper (the seeds contain the heat, so go easy).



Comments